As a former casting and producer working with top actresses whose complexions had to be perfect, Jane Iredale saw the need for make-up that would offer not just colour enhancement but also benefits to the skin, and which would mask imperfections without irritation and not cause spots. In 1994 Jane set up Iredale Mineral Cosmetics and introduced the first full cosmetics line based on micronized minerals and made without fillers, perfume, chemical dyes or preservatives to give flawless, long lasting coverage with minimal product application.
Jane says the most beautiful cosmetic you can wear is a healthy skin. That’s why everything she develops is a true extension of skin care. The make-up is not just a refinement of conventional make-up; it’s a new technology. It’s so effective it is recommended by plastic surgeons, dermatologists and skin care and make-up professionals and worn by celebrities including Sandra Bullock, Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford, Kylie and Dannii Minogue, Jessica Biel and numerous TV presenters in the US and UK including Gloria Hunniford and Ruth Langsford – whose made-up skin needs to look flawless under the glare of HDTV.
From her numerous shades of make-up base for every skin tone to her lip colours, stains and glosses, lip and eye pencils, blushers, eye shadows, mascaras, primers, concealers and facial spritzers, Jane always includes extra natural ingredients in each product that are not found in conventional cosmetics. Her versatile range adds care to colour-conditioning, moisturising and protecting. jane iredale Mineral Bases
- Four in One – jane iredale micronised mineral powder bases are four products in one: foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen, and will disguise almost any skin discolouration. Liquid and cream tinted moisturiser and BB formulations are also available.
- Sun Protection- Based on titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, the minerals give instant, broad-spectrum, chemical-free protection. Bases range from SPF15 to SPF25 for the face and SPF30 for the body… plus UVA protection too.
- Fast, weightless coverage -Because no fillers like talc are used, one quick application provides all-day coverage that doesn’t fade, crease or smear. Just a small amount will cover any type of blemish, including acne and rosacea.
- Non-comedogenic and oil-free-The skin is allowed to breathe and function normally, promoting a healthy complexion.
- Minimum allergy risk–There are no sensitisers in the make-up like perfume or chemical dyes and preservatives.
- Anti-inflammatory-The mineral bases have anti-inflammatory properties and are especially helpful for acne and rosacea-prone skins. Ideal for use after facials, waxing, or skin treatments such as micro-dermabrasion and laser resurfacing.
- Quality–State of the art cosmeceutical ingredients are used to ensure the finest performance in coverage, application, and texture. The vitamins and antioxidants are pharmaceutical grade.
Janeiredale make-up is not tested on animals.